On the countdown to my fund raising event! T-minus one week until it’s finally here 🙂
I still have so much to get done between now and then, but it’s nothing that I can’t handle. I know for a fact that my event is going to be awesome, now it’s just a matter of getting people to show up. If any of you watch Bravo and the show “Bethenny Ever After”, you’ll know that she’s built a huge empire with the SkinnyGirl margarita (and various other SkinnyGirl “stuff”). Well, on a whim I decided to write to SkinnyGirl cocktails and see if they’d be interested in doing a tasting at my event and I actually got a call back!! It’s still very premature but I returned the reps’ phone call yesterday and just waiting to iron out all the details. I even went as far as posting on Bethenny’s FB page that she should come to my event — I would seriously DIE right on the spot if she showed up! I’m only about an hour from where she lives so it’s not like it could be totally out of the question, right?
Training this week is a wee bit mediocre as my head is obviously “not in the game”. I’m doing my best to get some quality workouts it though. Here’s what it’s looking like:
- Sunday and Monday – rest
- Tuesday – 3.6 miles (.3 warm up, 1 mile = 9:31 pace, 1 mile = 9:22 pace, 1 mile= 9:00 pace, .3 cool down)
- Wednesday – 20 min walk on TM, lift for upper body
- Thursday – speedwork! (warm up, 2×1600 (9:00 pace) w/ 800 jog in between, cool down)
- Friday – 15 min intervals on stairmill and a strength circuit
- Saturday – long run (8-10 miles) @ 9:40 pace(or quicker!)
Off to go try to get something constructive (other than training or fund raising) done!!!